Sunday, April 21, 2013

The opposite of where I am...


I am traveling for the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books this weekend. Los Angeles is a great city but it can really be exhausting. I thought I'd share some photos of a place that is about as far from LA as you can get. This is Guizhou, one of China's poorest provinces -- also one of the most beautiful. The area is around Kaili, the Miao and Dong Autonomous Region. Keep in mind that the photos don't do the real place justice. You'll have to imagine the clean, crisp air that smells like pine and woodsmoke and flowers, for one...and the taste of the local rice wine!

(Click to enlarge)

















Lisa -- Sunday....

4 comments:

  1. It looks precisely as the Hollywood Hills once looked! Enjoy LA, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photographs Lisa. After reading that I think I can smell the wood smoke from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, your photos are beautiful. You have a "good eye."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but it's the place -- everywhere you look there's an amazing photo!

      Delete